Hey all! Thanks again for testing out Westwood Shadows. We read all comments and although we want to answer each one of you, there are too many comments and some issues are common so we gathered up all the upcoming fixes here.
So here is what we’ve been working on based on your comments.
- The settings menu is fully functional with options to change the game’s resolution, graphics, and audio levels.
- Saving the game is fully functional and a new saving system has been implemented. Now you can save your game only in certain areas (more info about this with the updated demo)
- New main menu screen
- Cutscenes are now optimized and should run smoothly on any computer above the minimum requirements.
- Framerate is now stable and there will be fewer or no frame drops during gameplay.
- Subtitles are now available for every line of speech and all bugs related to the duration of appearance are also fixed.
- Drawers and cabinets are now able to open.
- Added plenty of extra content (related to the story) for exploration.
- Re-animated the intro, outro, and one more cutscene for the game.
- Added the model of Peter Bennet at cut scenes and in-game.
- Most puzzles that require a pin code now will get a new password for every new game.
- Added some extra help around the puzzles that players found most difficult to progress.
- New interface design for inventory and journal
- New inspection system design
- Pressing ESC during a cutscene can now pause the cutscene. Skipping has been assigned to a new button.
- Player’s camera now has a smoother motion.
- New voiceovers for the whole game
- A big set of in-game writing pieces for those interested in Westwood’s history
… and there is still more to be announced!
The demo will be released in June with all the features above. We want Westwood Shadows to be a great gaming experience for all the players and so we are always open to more comments and feedback from you! We thank you again and we can’t wait to share our progress and updates!
We are also preparing a Kickstarter campaign to speed up the process of development and enrich the game with more mechanics and better visuals. We will need your support when we go live! You can sign up to get notified by following this link: