Weld collision shapes to a character BP?

Is there a way to weld collision shapes to the capsule component of a character BP? I’d essentially like to extend the collision shape of the character beyond just a capsule.

I’m trying to create a playable character with a ‘walking mode’ and a ‘ball mode’ which both have different collision shapes. To achieve this I’ve tried shrinking the character capsule component so that it is ball-shaped but this causes the character to become briefly suspended it midair. I tried fixing that by also translating the characters position when they switch to ball mode, though this has caused some clipping problems. I also can’t use the character crouch function for specific reasons.

My new idea is to have the character BP’s root be a sphere (or rather a capsule with minimum height), and then it has a child capsule collider that is taller. The setup looks like this:

I noticed that child collider shapes have an ‘auto-weld’ property that makes them inherit the parent collider’s properties and combines them into a single shape. This seems to work well for parent colliders with physics being simulated but it doesn’t work for the character movement:

I was hoping that the capsule child would prevent the character from being able to walk under this, but only the root sphere shape seems to be considered.

Thats exactly what im strugling with! Did you found solution for this?
Or anyone can help?