Welcome to the Next Generation of Games!

To bad not enough are doing anything to stop it. It is politics for gamers!

I’d love to be able to debate you on this, but sadly I can’t because your absolutely right.

The vast majority of games with multiplayer have paid DLC for extra maps, it’s not like EA is alone in that area

But they are one of the originators of this madness.

Not really, they have one game series where it works that way which is Battlefield, they probably started doing paid multiplayer DLC because of Call of Duty.

Remember even with Mass Effect 3 they gave away all of the multiplayer stuff for free.

True, but EA is different.

When you sell a broken game and release DLC to fix that game…well that’s just bad.

I mean, do you really think Bioware sat down and said “The ending to this trilogy is amazing! The fans will love it.”

Although I may not like ME, Bioware knows what they’re doing when it comes to those games.

I can almost guarantee that EA told them they needed to make paid DLC after Bioware told EA that the MP would be free.

Solution: gimp the game.

And that’s what we’re on about.

EA’s basic slogan is “gimp the game” so they can make money later.

Are they the only company that does this? NO. A big long “no.”

The thing is EA is the easiest to spot.

Don’t even get me started on Battlefield or Dead Space.

They have never sold DLC that fixes a broken game, they only sell extra content. The adjusted ending DLC for Mass Effect 3 was free. And I’m sure they felt good about what they achieved with ME3, it’s still a great game even if the ending didn’t live up to expectations.

I do know that EA gives budget increases based off features that are included in their games–for instance if it uses full Origin integration or if they use the Frostbite 3 engine, DLC options may be part of that as well.

I think the main problem they have is with rushed games, like Battlefield 4, which was like 1-2 years of development. That’s probably the main reason that things like a single player campaign aren’t in Battlefront because they will have had 2.5 years of development which is just at that point where a game with a single player might need another 6 months to get the bugs ironed out.

I remember when battlefield was a battefield game!
None of this COD clone stuff. I hope dice actually starts making games again. Not just reskinning BF3.

Battlefront was never really meant to be anything more than a Star Wars version of Battlefield.

I know.
And that is why it was so good! But now… It just doesn’t seem to be the same.
Tis a COD clone now… With vehicles and a larger map. But that’s it.

But I think the real problem is EA. Everything they touch turns to dead servers.
They are evil! EEEEVVVVIIILLLL!!! Watch Accursed farms battleforge game dungeon video for some great criticsm of EA!

But this is all just my opinion! :slight_smile:

I think that’s exactly the problem.

They aren’t treating it as it’s own thing.

P.S. I don’t want you to think I’m attacking you at all with this, in fact I like hearing other sides to something; I just wanted to clarify that.

I’m just trying to clear up some confusion, they EA really isn’t that bad. I wouldn’t want to work for them–as a big company it’s too much of a corporate atmosphere–but they don’t deserve the hate like voting them the worst company in America.

No, they’re not the worst it’s just that they have done some things as of late that are less than nice to see from a consumer standpoint.

The worst? No.

The best? No to that too.