I have encountered a weird Texture Anomaly when using “Downlod Image” in an HTML 5 project.
The image below show the issue, starting from left to right here are the various results:
- Poster 1 shows the default image that is being downloaded.
- Poster 2 shows a new image downloaded as a JPG
- Poster 3 shows a new imaged downloaded as a PNG
- Poster 4 shows a failed download and using the default image included in the project.
The image below shows the HTML Launcher is serving the images and they are correctly referenced:
The weird thing is that the Play In Editor version and the Standalone version both work correctly as can be seen below:
You can download the project here or you can follow these steps to recreate the project:
- Launch Unreal Editor and Select a Blank Project (I used 4.13.2)
- Select Mobile/Tablet and Scalable 3D or 2D with No Starter Content
- Add the blueprint is indicated below and add the object to the map.
- Apply the material is indicated below and then run the project.
Is this a BUG? Or am I missing something specific to HTML 5 Development? Any help will be greatly appreciated.