Weird symbol in output log

Hey guys,

I wasn’t sure whether to bring this to your attention or not but since I’ve never seen it and it might be something you’d be interested in looking at, I thought I’d flag it.

I’m seeing a Swastika type symbol in the output log which seems to be replacing the letter ‘C’. I don’t believe it’s anything from our current project but it could be specific to our project, I’m not sure.

Image: Screenshot - c0f2f5ec739be30d23ca32b643372111 - Gyazo

If you require any further information, let me know!

Thanks in advance and apologies if this was a silly issue to bring up. Just wanted to make sure you were aware of it!

Pete

Hey Pete-

Can you provide any information about where in your logs this is showing up? It mentions a UIPocketComponent, is this a widget class or are there widgets being added to this class? Are you seeing this message during PIE and if so, at what point? If you are not in PIE, please explain what you’re working on when this is printed to the log (working inside a material/blueprint, setting up animation, etc.).

Hey ,

UIPocketComponent is a custom component class, which requires a widget component on the same actor to function properly, the UIPocketComponent contains the data and handles the interaction.The message displays in the output log whenever I compile the code.

Hope that helps,

Pete

I’m not sure what would be causing that character to appear in the logs. Can you try writing a custom log message with both capitol C and lowercase c to see if they get replaced as well? If they do not get replaced with another character, can you let me know what your setup is in steps to create the log warning locally.

Hey Pete,

We have not heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as Resolved for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing the issue you reported, please respond to this message with additional information and we will follow up.

Cheers