Weird rendering for rotating objects

Hi, this might be a silly question or even something normal but I’ve had this problem ever since I started learning UE.
Basically when something rotating or moving fast the result comes out like this.
For example this ball’s only moving at 1200 speed yet here we are:
This mesh also looks weird when rotating or gets hit by the ball, as if glitchs and it’s form gets distorted for a split second.
It’s like if a ghostly figure of the previous frame is still rendered in the next frame.
Hope you help me and Thanks !

Are these screenshots or did you take a photo of your monitor?

Because this looks like monitor ghosting. Otherwise it could be caused by temporal antialiasing.

1 Like

After a couple hours I found out it was because by TAA, switching to FXAA seemed to fix it. However the meshes still clip through one another and it can be seen in the second and third screenshots. Thanks for your reply.

That would be a physics simulation issue. It’s outside of my area of expertise but to my knowledge this happens because videogames essentially only exist one frame at a time, it’s just going so fast that it looks continuous. Because of this if you have a very high speed object or if the framerate is low you can end up with situations where objects will step through eachother rather than collide where you would expect. This is why its so common in games to end up with ragdolls stuck in floors/walls.

I dont have a good solution for you, probably a question better suited for the physics forum.

1 Like

Yes, Thank you Arkiras !

1 Like

Hello @Aumenn2003 ,

I have moved this to the Physics category for you. Good luck with your project!

1 Like