Weird low resolution shadow issue in reflections

Hi all,

I seem to be having an issue with my shadows where when viewed from certain angles it turns into very low resolution, almost like bad anti-aliasing (changing in render settings didn’t help), but perfectly fine in other angles.

Material of the stove-top is very simple, just a color with roughness on 0 and I’m using Lumen here.

It would help if you mention your lighting and render setup. Lumen, Ray-Tracing, or Screenspace reflections?

Hey S-dot,

I did mention it at the end, I’m using Lumen or is there something more specific I should mention? I recently started using UE.

Lumen is rendering only what’s on screen. So anything behind the camera seen in reflections is based on a low detail model of the scene. It seems to switch to that model in your video. You can improve that in the post process volume but it will never be as clear as a mirror. You can use raytraced reflections but they have other small problems. It’s a bit of a compromise to find what works best in a specific situation. YouTube has some more info.

Yeah I was able to figure it out aswell. I changed the ‘‘Ray lighting mode’’ to ‘‘Hit Lighting for Reflections’’ in the PostProcessVolume and turned off High Quality Translucency Reflections as that was giving me additional problems.
It does affect performance but I think this is the only solution for now.

Thanks for the help