Weird lighting artefacts and really bad exposure adjustments when moving around house

There are weird foggy shadows all over the walls and I have no idea how to fix it. The interior is looking good but the lighting keeps failing me. I have weird darkness and brightness responses to the light with regards to the camera (assuming its exposure but could not find an appropriate fix). Video provided for reference.

1 Like

it’s your exposure settings and your shadow details settings. Check this video for a good summary of everything lighting related.

2 Likes

Thank you for the response! I’ll watch the video and take notes. I’ll see if there are any tweaks I can make to improve it from what I learn. I’ll get back to you on that soon!

Boost your interior lighting intensity waaaayyyyy up. The contrast between interior and exterior is too high, which is throwing your auto exposure around. And the overall low intensity gives Lumen a low confidence for sampling, which gives you all the noise.

I recommend being more deliberate with your exposure settings, like turning off auto exposure and locking in an Exposure Compensation for the interior. If you really want more overall dynamic range, look into Local Exposure, which can let you bring up the dark areas and bring down the bright areas in the post process volume. You should still go back to the fundamentals of increasing interior brightness though.

1 Like

Hey Stephen! I appreciate the response. I ended up deciding on a local exposure and adjusted the settings to work better. I was trying to create a scene where there would be no interior lights when it was day out. I think that contributed heavily to the problem as you mentioned. So with no interior lighting to turn up the intensity of, I went with the local exposure option and adjusted it accordingly.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.