Weird Foliage material bug with compile error of master material

Hey guys,

I’ve been rendering videos with an animated camera for flythroughs for arch viz purposes in UE5.2 fine up until today where it recompiles 152 materials each frame. I’ve googled about it and the logs appear to show that the master material MA_Foliage is failing to be compiled.

[2024.04.24-06.22.05:161][571]LogShaderCompilers: Warning: Failed to compile Material /Game/MSPresets/MS_Foliage_Material/MasterMaterials/MA_Foliage.MA_Foliage (MI:/Game/EuropeanBeech/Materials/PivotPainter/Forest/Forest_01/MI_EuropeanBeech_Forest_01_Trunk.MI_EuropeanBeech_Forest_01_Trunk) for platform PCD3D_ES31, Default Material will be used in game.
/Engine/Generated/Material.ush:2868:8: error: use of undeclared identifier ‘MakePrecise’
return MakePrecise(InValue);
^
/Engine/Generated/Material.ush:2882:8: error: use of undeclared identifier ‘MakePrecise’
^
/Engine/Generated/Material.ush:2896:8: error: use of undeclared identifier ‘MakePrecise’
^
/Engine/Generated/Material.ush:2910:8: error: use of undeclared identifier ‘MakePrecise’
^
/Engine/Generated/Material.ush:2924:8: error: use of undeclared identifier ‘MakePrecise’
^
/Engine/Generated/Material.ush:2998:8: error: use of undeclared identifier ‘MakePrecise’
^
/Engine/Generated/Material.ush:3012:8: error: use of undeclared identifier ‘MakePrecise’
^
/Engine/Generated/Material.ush:3026:8: error: use of undeclared identifier ‘MakePrecise’
^

the material previews are also looking buggy for the Material instances for the European Beech and Common Hazel foliage assets I got from the epic store. It displays fine in the level though, just weird spikey in the preview window

Any inisghts as to why it is happening and any solutions?

Edit: the Advanced Wind checkbox seems to be the one causing the material preview ball to be spikey, does it affect it in regards to the compiling at all?

Edit: OMG I finally fixed it after going through all the esoteric knowledge about shaders and winds and whatnot on the internet. Just needed to enable nanite on my foliage geometry lol. For some reason I disabled them earlier and now re-enabling them solved the need for movie render queue to keep compiling materials for every frame. This recompiling was caused by the failure of compiling the master material for foliage.