WebBrowser JavaScript and Unreal Engine communication issue

Hi, I am encountering a problem where I can successfully inject javascript via ExecuteJavascript on the WebBrowser WebView. In the game preview under Windows I also get all console.logs (via On Console Message Event) but as soon as I package the Game into an .apk and run it on oculus quest 2 (android) the On Console Message Event is not fired. The JavaScript altough runs, as I can see in the logs via logcat.

Anyone here that has encountered this already?

Platforms - Android:

  • Minimum SDK Version: 29
  • Target SDK Version: 29

Platforms - Android SDK:

  • SDK API Level: matchndk
  • NDK API LEVEL: android-29

If anyone is still encountering this on standalone Quest, an explicit JavaScript message bridge is another approach for sending page events back to Unreal.

I developed Meta Quest 3D WebView, a paid plugin for Unreal. It exposes window.quest3d.postMessage(...) on the page and an OnJavaScriptMessage event in Blueprint, so communication doesn’t depend on receiving console messages.

This uses a separate browser component and would require integration into your project. I’ve included a demonstration running on Quest on the Fab listing.