WebBrowser 3D Widget not working on Android / Mobile

When adding a WebBrowser Widget as a WidgetComponent to a level (a.k.a. 3D Widget), it works flawlessly in Editor and in packaged builds for Windows.

However, when packaging the same project to Mobile platforms, such as Android or even more specific devices, such as Oculus Quest (my main concern right now), it only renders a black rectangle, as you can see in the image below.

I was only able to check this behaviour on Unreal 4.25, so I can’t say for sure if this happened in earlier versions.
What I can say, is that this surely worked at some point, as you can see in this example video (it is not mine, I’ve found it online when searching for a fix to my issue):

[Video of WebBrowser 3D widget working on Oculus Quest][3]

Does anybody know any fix to this? This feature is really critical for the app my company is developing for a client.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create a new project based on the First Person Template;
  2. Create a new Widget Blueprint and add a Web Browser to it (need to enable Web Browser plugin beforehand);
  3. Set the Web Browser’s initial URL property to “https://www.google.com” (or any other valid URL);
  4. Create a Blueprint based on the Actor class;
  5. Add a Widget Component to this blueprint, and set its Widget Class to the Widget Blueprint created earlier;
  6. Add the Blueprint to the default Level of the project
  7. Package the project for Android and install it in an Android device.
  8. Run it on the device. You should see that there is a black rectangle where the web page should have been displayed.

I have the same issue with 4.25.4 did you find a solution?

No, I haven’t found a solution yet, sadly.

1 Like

Cant get it solved in 4.26, anyone has solved it? Thanks

Works with UE 4.23

Could you share the web browser plugin that works with 4.23? And also the apk file thar runs the plugin on Quest?

Works with UE 4.23 standard plugins.
"Web Browser”

1 Like

I’m having the same issue with the Oculus Unreal 5 Distribution

Try Vulkan, not ES 3

Hi there, I disabled ES3.1 and used just the Vulkan shader but to no avail. Any other ideas :slight_smile:

Ridiculous that this is still an issue now we are on UE5.1 and still no fix. Unity can render web just fine. After discussing this with a few developers on the marketplace it seems that Unreal web browser is using an outdated version of Chrome that is most likely not compatible with latest Android OS etc. Even more it sounds like the web browser may be removed at some point as its not very performant

This is supposed to be fixed in the next version of Unreal Engine.
You can get the fixed now if you build engine from source.

How to fix if I built engine from source?Any refrence?

It will just work…

Anyone can confirm that it works on both Android and IOS? Just curious.
Thanks.

I can confirm working on android and oculus quest 2 with 5.2.1 but still has a rendering issue.

its working fine in unreal 5.3 with standalone oculus app