Web Portage To Unreal and Procedural Generation Questions

Hello,

I’m working on a PC Turn By Turn (TBT) project and it was planned to be first (at least to start) only for browser.
But I’m such a Server Side Maniac (for security reason too) that near everything is happening in the back end. Being TBT it’s financially not a treat.

So mainly remaining Client Side the order we give to troops (Mainly Where they should Walk). And not much more. Which is probably normal for TBT Games.

Still that despite most of the Technical part is Done I have to think to what it will look like; So in Browsers we have WebGL but considering what it is I told me that it may take me less time to directly go on an Engine.

And considering there is not so much rework needed to bring it on PC despite a Big Visual Gain (HTML CSS can work on UE if I don’t say mistake even JS might not need rework we the Right plug-in )

So I have several Questions to verify I’m not misleading me.

1. Does my affirmation: HTML CSS can work through a Web View Is True (I saw this in the QA) ?

2. Does JS can also work with the right Plugin (I saw it on an other Topic) ? Its the main part which worries me even if there is really few JS because I’m not sure how the portage work to C++.

3. Does C++ is the only Language Supported or can we use other Language Client Side ? (I already worked with C++ but I naturally don’t have a good feeling with it so If I could switch to an other one it would go even faster)

4. If It took me 6 Months to take care about the Current project (Everything Include), How much Times would it, according to you take to Port it on Unreal ?

5a) Last but Not least, Can we generate procedurally a Whole Battlefield ? ( I would say yes and kinda easily, but I prefer your confirmation especially about water, as Pond or River Procedural Content Generation Overview | Unreal Engine 5.3 Documentation)

5b) Can we Create the Whole Battlefield Source First then inject it to Unreal and Generate It from the source we gave It ? (What we can do easily on web based Project) If No can we generate the Stats needed (Density …. ) and inject them to Unreal

I know I answered to myself on several questions but I Want to be sure I’m not messing up with the flow and that I understood Clearly what I read

I wish you an Happy New Year 2024,
Thanks

Bump

Thank you for shedding light on Web Portage. I will be sharing this post with my friends and colleagues who are passionate about optimizing their PCs. Keep up the excellent work!

Thank for your support.

I bump as everyday.

Still I’m going to add questions:

In this Video: How to Create a Procedural Landscape with the Landmass Plugin in Unreal Engine 5 | Community tutorial

1. I would like to know if it’s possible to duplicate several time the same Maintain “Brush”/Entity

2. We see to the start of the Video you set the Shape Manually, is it possible to set it Programatically (Like for an SVG with “Corner” coordinate)

3. Is it possible to create this shape Programatically in a File , and then import it to Unreal and it will generate it ? (Not a PNG height map, but a whole doc with coordinate, height, width …)

Thank Again

Back to the Bump

Was sure I would not get any answers. Most of questions on the forum are empty except “automatic” Reply … An other “Active” Community with “Millions” Ghost Members …

Really Nothing surprising, a kid could have guess it.