Web browser ui widget doesn't run

Thanks for your explaination Rudy. In 4.14.3 I tried these steps:

1. Create a project with FP-Shooter template.
  2. Enabled the Web Browser Plugin
  3. Tried packaging the project to Win64 platform

Got this error message (last three lines):

*UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Program.Main: AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=5 (5)
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): BUILD FAILED

PackagingResults:Error: Error Unknown Error*

If I tried add the Web Browser to a widget with a valid URL between steps 2.-3. I get the same error result.

As soon as I disable the plugin the packaging works fine.

Many thanks

I tried these steps in the FPS template in for 4.14.3 and was unable to reproduce the error that you are seeing. Are you using the binary build of the engine or are you using source?

Thanks for your reply Rudy. Sorry I am pretty new to the build (package) process. Where do you choose option for binary or source? Where you able to package project with no errors using Web Browser plugin in 4.13.3 depending on binary or source?

Many thanks

If you are using the launcher to create your project, you are using the binary version of the engine. This (the binary version) is what I used when testing. The question was used to narrow down further any differences in my test case versus the one provided. As stated above I was able to package without any issues. Could you clear your output log, package again, and then provide the complete output log after it fails to build so that I could take a closer look?

Thanks for getting back. I tried produce previous explained steps and do a project launch. I had the “base” settings: Variant: WindowsNoEditor Config: Development Data Build: On the fly & By the Book

I am quite unsure about advanced settings tab. The following line is withdraw from the log output file:

Program.Main: ERROR: AutomationTool terminated with exception: AutomationTool.AutomationException: Stage Failed. Missing receipt ‘MyProject.target’. Check that this target has been built. link text

link textPlease see attached log file for further information.link text

Could you take a look at the post that I have linked below? The user on the thread provided was able to resolve the error that you are receiving.

Link: Automatic packaging, missing receipt - Platform & Builds - Epic Developer Community Forums

Hi, tried to have a look and tried:

1. Add this line to the command line of output log in FP-Shoot template:

runuat.bat BuildTarget -TargetPlatforms=Win64 -Config=Development -Project=C:\Users\Asus\Documents\Unreal_Projects\MyProject\MyProject.uproject -Target=Game

1. Do a project launch to Win64 WindowsNoEditor

Got the attached files error message

I have a quick test for you. Could you try packaging the project via File > Package Project > Windows > Windows (64 bit) (example below)? After this you can try packaging via the project launcher. Packaging using the method above should clear up the error that you are receiving in the project launcher.

Example:

Thanks for checking.
Just FYI below steps are with Web Browser Plugin enabled.
When I do your test above via File > Package Project > Windows > Windows (64 bit)

I get this error message, last three lines:

UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Program.Main: AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=5 (5)
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): BUILD FAILED
PackagingResults:Error: Error Unknown Error

Then I tried step 2 via project launcher but unfortunately I get the same error message as the projectlauncher.log above.
Am I supposted to type in the text line in output log before executing project launcher?:

runuat.bat BuildTarget -TargetPlatforms=Win64 -Config=Development -Project=C:\Users\Asus\Documents\Unreal_Projects\MyProject\MyProject.uproject -Target=Game

When getting “Error unknown error” you will need to look higher up in the logs for the error that you are experiencing. You can type “Error” into the search field for the output log and this will narrow down the possible issue that you are having. Could you do this and provide the errors that you are given.

The line at the end of your last comment was not needed for the last test.

Thanks for your quick reply!
I followed your tip and was able to narrow down the error message which stated that:

Windows SDK v8.1 must be installed in order to build this target.

So I downloaded and installed the SDK and Modified Visual Studio 2015 to update with “Common Tools For Visual C++ 2015” and that did the trick in my case after enable the Web Widget plugin and be able to package the project.

Thanks again for your support!