web browser plugin - disable cors

Hi,

I am trying to use the web browser plugin to view my site, and this works fine when I point to my site on a server.

I run into a problem when I try to embed the site into the UE4 package, because my html cannot load the needed xml files.

Is there a way to tell the web browser plugin to launch Chromium without security? or enable CORS?

thanks,

try to use the graph: Launch URL

I see a launch url node, this does … somehow … fix my cors issue, but I was hoping to launch inside the game…
to that end, I am using the web browser with the Load URL node… but see no options for security or cors.

The blueprint webbrowser comes with only a few graphs to run, what you are trying to do is unfortunately only possible in C ++, you will have to create a function in C ++ and create a reference to the webbrowser widget from your blueprint widget to be able to execute commands from webbrowser in C ++ and then call this function within the widget’s blueprint. Using the similar command line you would do if you were creating a web browser widget in Microsoft Visual Basic.

But unfortunately I don’t know the codes to do that.

thank you for this response… I will give it a shot.

I’m not having much luck… I am able to create my own web browser widget, but still can’t seem to find where to modify this attribute…

I was finally able to achieve this by rebuilding the UE4 solution
after adding the “disable-web-security” flag to the command line options in CEFBrowserApp.cpp

1 Like