Web Browser Load URL doesn't work in runtime

I’m attempting to change the URL of a Web Browser widget during runtime. However, it doesn’t work and will only display the “Initial URL” value, or a URL that is specified during Widget Construction.

I’ve seen plenty of answers that discuss adding a delay, but that doesn’t work at all. I’ve delayed plenty and nothing is happening.

I’ve also confirmed that the Load URL doesn’t do anything at all during run time.
I gave the widget an initial URL of www.google.com and it loads just fine.
If I run code that updates that URL, nothing happens. It just stays on google as if nothing has changed.
I set up breakpoints and confirmed the new webpage is being sent through the function, but nothing is changing.
I can confirm the new webpages I wish to load are valid by making them the Initial URL.
I can also confirm that creating a new widget and immediately assigning the URL isn’t working either. It will only accept the Initial URL value, or a value assigned during Pre Construct or Construction.

The most frustrating part is that I am seeing examples of this working all over the place (without using any delays), so is this something that recently broke since it’s experimental?

2 Likes

Same I get the same issue. I see it was fixed in earlier versions but looks like it still doesn’t work in 4.26.1 or 4.26. @unreal is there something you can do to fix this please, this is holding up our release on a major game…

Same I get the same issue. I see it was fixed in earlier versions but looks like it still doesn’t work in 4.26.1 or 4.26. @unreal is there something you can do to fix this please, this is holding up our release on a major game…

Still having this issue in 5.0.1. Initial URL works fine, but load URL doesn’t ever load, regardless of the location. No errors.