Weapons usage

Hello,
I know i’ll be sued if i used real weapons on my game but some weapons are fine to use like AK 47 and FN Scar how can i know if a weapon is free to use or i have to pay to use them in my game(No money in my pockets), if no can you tell me the weapons that free to use?

Hello, I know i’ll be sued if i used
real weapons on my game

Nah. But…

No weapons are free to use afaik. Unless you construct a weapon yourself and make up a name for it. At which point you’ll be in more trouble anyway…

These days even the big companies do not make licensing deals for their guns - mostly due to political reasons… You generally do not want to be associated with sponsoring a military race or endorsing that industry. Bad press and all that jazz.

Unlike with car names, I’ve never heard about a gun manufacturer attempting to sue someone for using a gun name. Technically it’s illegal, in practice - you’ll get away with it.

Unless you’re making a super realistic military-centred game, perhaps you could opt for some creativity instead. Players don’t really care whether they’re running with FN Scar or UB Dæd. I understand this may not be in line with what you need, though.

disclaimer: I am not a lawyer