So I’ve been working on a weapons configuration interface for a grad school project and I’m finally far enough along to post some results. The class is on interface design and the goal is to create a functional and appealing UI. I’ve been doing this all in UMG and blueprint so far. It is not completely done and I’ll be finishing it up within the next two weeks.
As part of the class we are supposed to have people test out our interface and give feedback, I thought the forum would be a nice place to get some serious feedback from real game devs as well as novice users like myself. I decided to offer an incentive for anyone who can help me out. For anyone willing to download the build and give it a test drive and then do a short survey I will be giving away the project and all its assets. This amounts to countless hours of work on my part, and actually includes some descent assets if you are interested. Here’s a look at what you get for being a tester
- The complete UE4 project file including the working User Interface
- All blueprints that make the interface work (color picker, sliders, hiding menu, object rotation, object highlighting, etc.)
- All the assets in the scene including a Chinese pagoda that took me many hours to build.
- All the textures in the project, a few of which came from free resources but most from my own photographs.
- All the materials in the project, including a cool water shader and my “auto” mossy rocks.
You can feel free to use these in any project no strings attached.
If you are interested in helping me out and giving me some user feedback to make my interface better here’s a link to download the exe file (402 MB zipped. Windows 64bit):
Fill out this survey online and fill in your email at the end.
The interface is still a WIP so be kind (but honest) with your feedback! Several UI elements are not completely hooked up and fleshed out and artwork is not all done. In two weeks (March 15th) when the project is complete I will email a download link to all those who participated. Thanks!