Weapon mechanics in a top down game

Hi, I’m very new to Blueprint and am trying to learn through practice at the moment, so sorry if I seem completely lost and if this question doesn’t make a whole lot of sense! I have a top-down game with basic WASD movement mechanics, and I want to see if I can get a Japanese matchlock gun (musket) to work.

To begin with, I just want to get an aim system working. The first thing I’m trying to do is allow my player to aim (regardless of what weapon, if any, they are holding) in a direction and have the camera pan in that direction to a certain extent, as well as have the character face that direction while doing so. The closest thing I found to a game with this system is Foxhole.

I have no idea where to start or how to go about this in Blueprint, so I would appreciate it if anyone could point me in the right direction.

Hey there @DairyFarmerNeo! Welcome to the community! Here’s a tutorial with a solid start for a top down shooter:

Disclaimer: One or more of these links are unaffiliated with Epic Games. Epic Games is not liable for anything that may occur outside of this Unreal Engine domain. Please exercise your best judgment when following links outside of the forums.

Here’s a thread where smooth turning had been implemented similarly: