Way to Force accepting Joystick/Gamepad Input even when Slate Window out of Focus?

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on the best way to go about continuing to accept joystick/gamepad input while the unreal game/slate window is out of focus. Is there a flag or setting I can change in the .ini file or something with blueprints or should I attempt to write a gamepad driver myself and just always use the RawInput API on Windows to try and pass that along to the engine when the window is out of focus? It is such a minor thing yet I have no clue where to start looking. Hopefully someone has some suggestions here?

Thanks,
Hesham

ps: I also asked on answerhub so hopefully the duplication isn’t bad form, but I really would like some help :slight_smile: (https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/62408/how-to-accept-gamepad-input-while-window-not-in-fo.html)

Any tips or suggestions on how to go about fixing or requesting a fix? Allowing gamepad input while the window is out of focus shouldn’t be a big deal I would hope.