Wave Spawner issue

Hello, this is my first time posting in the Unreal forums. Previously I have worked with the Unity engine and decided to move over to Unreal Engine.
I have been taking a course to learn the engine and how to use blueprints and such but I have run into a small-ish issue that I can’t seem to find the answer to.

The course section I am busy with is about a wave based survival game. In the end of the day the spawning of the waves got handled via the GameMode which if I understand correctly is not very good especially if you plan to have more than just one level and for some reason I was having a massive issue getting it to spawn on anything that wasn’t the player start. So what I decided to do was move it over to the level blueprint so that I can tell it to spawn at any of the randomly placed target points. That worked great but my widget that was suppose to say “Wave Complete” wasn’t working now.

After searching I realized that my “New Wave” section that basically does the Wave complete was placed in my character controller and that is pointing towards my GameMode. Now for the life of me I can’t figure out how to point it towards the level blueprint or if I can somehow move everything over to a blueprint actor and still get target points to work.

Is there a way for me to move everything over to a Blueprint actor making the spawner reusable and still allowing me to use target points and call my New wave?

Sorry if my terminology is bad but blueprints is entirely new to me and I’m doing my best to learn it as fast as possible.

Any help or guidance would be appreciated.