Water Plugin crashes the Engine 5.4.1

Hi,
although it’s stated, that Water Plugin works with 5.4 https://dev.epicgames.com/documentation/en-us/unreal-engine/water-system-in-unreal-engine, it’s not true.

Opened UE 5.4.1, started New VR Game from scratch → Added Water Plugin, Water Extras, added landscape, saved, restarted.
Opened the project, so far so good, added WaterBodyLake - the Engine crashes.
Tried 3 times - all the same.
Water Plugin isn’t functional at all.
Please, correct me, or mark the Plugin as non-functonal in 5.4.
Thanks!

Hey there @Den202309! I’m currently working on tracking this issue. I can’t seem to replicate the issue in the blank project template, so I believe it could be an issue with a VR plugin. I didn’t have templates installed originally for 5.4.1, but will attempt to replicate with the VR template.

Does this crash occur on other templates as well?

May I know your specs?

May I see the crash callback that occurs when it crashes?

Hi,
yes, this happens only in VR Tamplate. Tried FPS - everything was fine.
The dumps were sent just now with a Crash Window which appeared after the crash, description is “02-06-2024-10-45 VR + WaterPlugin”.

Steps were : New VR Template → add Landscape → add plugins → restart → add WaterbodyLake → crash during some calculations in 3 seconds.

Thanks!

I’ve confirmed that it only applies to VR projects on my side, submitted a report but can’t discern a workaround that doesn’t disable the water effects entirely.

Thanks!
than will be waiting for the Engine 5.4.2. Will stay on 5.3.2 for a while.

Same problem on Engine 5.4.2 on VR template.

1 Like

Hey there @serebr.s! Welcome to the community! I can confirm the bug still exists with the recent hotfix. Already submitting an updated report. Thanks for letting me know!

I can confirm that the crash is still happening in 5.4.3

1 Like

can confirm that the crash is still happening in 5.4.4

1 Like

Same issue here, will this be fixed? Submitted many crash reports

Confirming, 5.4.4 crashes if adding WaterBody to the map.
Skipping 5.4.4, staying on 5.3.2 as most stable.

1 Like

I crashed too. UE5.4.4 when landscape and water lake meet together, UE crashed every time. My computer is Alienware M16 with Nvidia3070 videocard, win11 os.