Water - How do I exclude water in some areas?

So I am really clueless and actually depressed and frustrated at this point about this built-in water system of Unreal. I have added a ocean to my map and everything is fine and all. I got buoyancy to work fine also, but I notice the water clips into my ship sometimes while the walls of the ship is higher than the waves. So I have scoured the internet for over a week for hours a day, trying to get a zone inside my ship to prevent the water to clip in but no luck. I even watched the stream of Unreal themselves showing the Water Body Exclusion Volume and how they get it to make ā€œholesā€ in the water to exclude the material and the water mesh/mask.

When I tried to duplicate the steps shown in the video, I noticed I donā€™t even have the same assets and also missing the ā€œholeā€ parameter in the Ocean Materialā€¦

I also tried solutions of other people by adjusting the opacity etc etc, but no luck either, it looks horrible and it doesnā€™t work entirely because I can still see the mesh making wavesā€¦

Am I missing something or is there not a single way OOTB provided by unreal for such a common issue??..

Please can anyone help me? I need this in the future even more once I have ships with multiple decks where the player can walk around inā€¦

I am starting to get desperateā€¦

Thanks in advance!

Vas

2 Likes

Hi AltVas, Iā€™m facing the same problem. Did you manage to find a way to do this?

Yeahļ¼ŒIā€˜m facing the same promblem,and I tried all these methods online,but it didnā€™t work~Did you solve this problem yet?