Was there ever a fix for nav invokers not working in packaged projects?

I just posted another thread describing the exact same problem :frowning:

https://forums.unrealengine.com/unreal-engine/feedback-for-epic/1859722-navigation-path-not-loading-in-packaged-game-problems-w-epic-vr-template-on-index

Thanks for the post! I just upgraded my project to 4.26.1 and my navigation wouldn’t build during runtime, but it would if running in the editor. Every part of my project is dynamic and nothing can be pre-generated, I’d checked over the official documentation and other forum posts but nothing seemed to push the engine to build nav data after packaging. After manually changing the file you suggested it seems clear the editor doesn’t save a few options because it started working. I found out there’s 3 different locations of the navigation settings, only 1 can actually be changed:

DefaultEngine.ini* > Unreal Settings Menu > Spawned Nav Data*

Each of those have the exact same navigation settings and each get overridden if the parent doesn’t match (for some reason). In my case, the ‘dynamic’, and the ‘main nav data’ setting. If you have an issue with dynamic navigation, navigation invokers, or just moving obstacles, try changing the appropriate navigation values for your project in the DefaultEngine.ini file, then re-package.

Similar issues. I cant get “Do Fully Async Nav Data Gathering” working any good. In editor all looks good (nav mesh generates around invokers), but once pressing play - only few navmesh tiles appear on level and those follow only very few of the registered invokers. If unchecking that async (even during play), then tiles generate instantly like they should (around invokers), but performance is much much worse.

5.0.3, and build navmesh only around invokers still don’t work in packaged game. I did try all the suggestions in this thread.

Nevermind, it works, the problem in our case was the Steam build (or Steam’s patcher) not detecting changes in the defaultengine.ini file.