Warrior's Pilgrimage Project

hi All, as promised,

finally we have the playable art for you to play,
this is the download link
https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0B3VqhGtBQamXUlMzUXpfRUNnbHM&export=download

for windows ( 64 bit )

even though this is just an art demo, ( not real game )

let me know if there is any issue or feedback, we will take note, so we can be better on next real project. :slight_smile: ,

after all we are far from perfect

preview

Thank you for the demo, you must have worked really hard to get the frame rate so smooth. Well done!

Thanks for the demo and your workflow :wink: gg for this beautifull project!
For some reasons, the final temple reminds me a big temple in FarCry3 at some points…

thx @macoll

hi all

this is Warrior’s Pilgrimage final gameart article
PDF link WarriorsPilgrimage_DevNote.pdf - Google Drive Powerpoint version ( longer download but it has animated gif ) Warrior's Pilgrimage Development Note - Google Slides

This is absolutely stunning and simply brilliant work! I will definately subscribe to this thread :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Daniel

Great work! One annoying bug that I found is that there seem to be some gaps in the landscape mesh that keep appearing and disappearing as the character moves around. (see the attached screenshot lower left corner … these artifacts keeping poping out always at the bottom of the character).

Win 10, Geforce 980

8f786dcdbeaa78d66f4fb867a106b3041adfcdbe.jpeg

thank you @ostova :slight_smile:
yes many people mention that part.
noted.

if you don’t mind could you tell me what is the FPS for your spec? ( press “F” button to display fps )
it just for survey :slight_smile: .

thanks again

about 65-75 outdoors
and 130 - 160 in the cave

note that it was on a 4k monitor

This is beautiful. What are your computer specs?

Absolutely stunning. I particularly liked the character and the smooth animation

Simply beatiful!!! Congrats! And thanks for share it!

I am noticing alot of ghosting, especially on the character. I have an incredibly beefy computer ( I just built it a couple weeks ago with the best of everything I could find) and still having the problem. I am also noticing the artifacting that Ostava reported a couple days ago. Other than that, great job.

True Sky Sequence, UE4.12 does not work, does not open editing :frowning:

I am just knocked out at the level of work that has gone into to this. Totally green with envy!!!

hi thanks for the comments, @ostava I might release the high setting, because for now the resolution wont change despite you upscale it to 4k. thats why you still have 100+ FPS :slight_smile: but wow that is beefy spec you have.
@TrentAsbury
yeah sorry for the inconvenience, the ghosting caused by either motion blur but also Temporal AA. I can reduce mB but not sure if it good idea to remove temporal AA :(.

Fantastic demo, really inspiring. Character is amazing, I’m delving deeper into character creation stuff and this really gave me boost to up my effort :d

Environments are equally great, really great direction and overall quality from composition to lighting to texturing and modeling. Saw some things that needed extra polish (like some meshes having gaps, landscape splines not alligning perfectly with the landscape etc) but those are pretty minor.

And kinda offtopic, but that ghosting was bothering me too. Is there any way to solve it? As far as I can tell it’s mostly because of temporal AA but I personally haven’t found a way not to have ghosting with TAA and its too good not to use it. But on the other hand say Unreal Tournament seems to have pretty much zero ghosting while still using TAA, are there some options or something to tweak that?

Amazing work. Congratulations on the Community Spotlight. :slight_smile:

Looks great :slight_smile:
The menu is not centred on widescreen displays

I wish I had 1/100th that level of artistic and level design talent!

teak

Love it. That environment art and the atmosphere are very nice. Impressive work.