Download

WARNING: If your Mod Upload info (ID's etc) gets erased after updating, here's how to restore it...

When you update your DevKit, due to extra files we accidentally included in ARK DevKit v231.1, you might lose your saved Mod Info (including your ID’s) which you need to update new versions of your Mod. Thankfully, they’re it’s up by the Epic Launcher. To restore it after updating, copy this file:
[YourEpicLauncherLocation]\Epic Games\Launcher\Backup\ARKDevKit[MostRecentDate]\Projects\ShooterGame\Saved\Mods.db

Paste it over this directory:
[YourArkDevKitLocation]\Projects\ShooterGame\Saved\Mods.db

And you’ll have restored your saved Mod upload infos :slight_smile:

Thanks all and keep up the great Mod work. So excited to announce the new contest on Thursday :smiley:

-Drake

I’m not sure this is a fix to the direct issue im having, but the ID for my mod got desynced such that when I cook and update it is now updating to a new mod ID. I tried this fix by editing the mods.db file just so the ID number was correct and every time I try it and launch the devkit the cook/upload > uploading options for my mod come up blank and do not represent the information saved in this file.

One of the recent ark patch just broke my photon turret mod ingame. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=575017270 I even entering it into the mod contest, how could you guys just change core turret mechanic without consideration and no documentation? Because of your ark patch my mod will suffer from the contest. It was working a few weeks ago, now i got reports from users that it won’t shoot enemies. I tested it and it can turn to target and shoot while inside the Devkit (updated to latest elauncher and patched over with ue4 github ArkDevKitDiffContent_v234.0 as of today 01 Feb 2016). But when uploaded to workshop and tried using it inside ark itself, the turret doesnt turn and shoot at anything even with All Target mode. I made this mod last year and it was working fine all this time until this huge shock. I can’t think of how to fix it since i dont know what was changed and poking around blindly made even worse when i cant test it in devkit makes it really unlikely i can ever find out why alone.
Everytime i email or post on forum trying to get in touch with a dev about this, it just gets ignored. In the past year with all my modding it was the same questions get ignored also, yet other modders are getting help and answered almost immediately. Feels biased and unfair.

One of the recent ark patch just broke my photon turret mod ingame. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=575017270 I even entering it into the mod contest, how could you guys just change core turret mechanic without consideration and no documentation? Because of your ark patch my mod is now broken. It was working a few weeks ago, now i got reports from users that it won’t shoot enemies. I tested it and it can turn to target and shoot while inside the Devkit (updated to latest elauncher and patched over with ue4 github ArkDevKitDiffContent_v234.0 as of today 01 Feb 2016). But when uploaded to workshop and tried using it inside ark itself, the turret doesnt turn and shoot at anything even with All Target mode if spawned new dinos. It only shoots once the game is saved, server shut down and restarted, but then it only reacts to old dinos again but not new spawned ones. I made this mod last year and it was working fine all this time until this huge shock. I can’t think of how to fix it since i dont know what was changed and poking around blindly made even worse when i cant test it in devkit makes it really unlikely i can ever find out why alone.

Everytime i email or post on forum trying to get in touch with a dev about this, it just gets ignored. In the past year with all my modding it was the same questions get ignored also, yet other modders are getting help and answered almost immediately. Feels biased and unfair.

I accidentally changed the name of my mod and now i cant update it and there is no mods.db in those folders only the one

If this is not working for anyone, what I had to do to get it working was.
1st, i dident have a backup folder in my epic launcher.
But for the mods.db file, using windows notepad or wordpad is not saving the file properly, its just for some reason, getting wiped to “” empty parameters when going to re open the dev kit.

using notepad, ++ instead was what made this process start working for me.
Thanks to Poker from ark discord modding for pointing this fix out to me.
Hope this helps anyone else trying this forum solution.

So will GUID lose affect MOD uploading?