Want to work on Unreal Engine, what specs should I have?

Hello everyone! I have a gaming PC, a Lenovo Legion, with an RTX 1660 Super GPU and 16GB of RAM. Recently, I’ve been really excited to dive into Unreal Engine for cinematic creations involving Metahumans and other creative projects. However, I encountered an issue when trying to bring my Metahuman into the scene. I received the following error message:

“Out of video memory trying to allocate a rendering resource. Make sure your video card has the minimum required memory, try lowering the resolution and/or closing other applications that are running.”

I understand that I need to upgrade my computer specifications to ensure a smoother experience without frequent crashes, especially when working with projects like uploading Metahumans. I was wondering if GPUs like the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series (such as RTX 3060 or RTX 3090) or the AMD Radeon RX 6000 Series (such as RX 6600 XT or RX 6700 XT) would be sufficient. Additionally, I’m considering increasing my RAM to either 32GB or 64GB.

I would greatly appreciate any advice or recommendations on the GPU and RAM upgrades that would allow Unreal Engine to run smoothly without crashing every 10 minutes while being on a budget. Thank you in advance for your help!

That error is specifically about VRAM. UE5 seems to be very heavy on VRAM. The RTX3060 has double your current VRAM so with that you should get that video memory error less.

Thank you, I’m definitely upgrading my VRAM just need to do research on what will work best for me and my budget.