Wandering Cat - Solo dev

Hello everyone, this is my first post as a solo developer on “Wandering Cat”, a small project started a few days ago that is intended as a gift for my two children.

They both love adventures (fantasy) and cats, so I wanted to combine things to create something cute. :smiley_cat:

I’ll try to use this post as a dev-log! :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Small update, I’m having fun with this cat, now he can climb to specific points on the map.

1 Like

Here I am with a new update, I did the first tests with the AI and the cat’s perception to avoid enemies.

Oh, right: if you want to join the official Wandering Cat Discord server here’s the link: https://discord.gg/7uHmaNQwCH

1 Like

:scream_cat: Oh no! Traps! What a difficult life for a cat in a fantasy world

1 Like

Day/Night cycle is ready :sparkles:

:smiley_cat:

Puzzle system is almost ready! :sparkles::smiley_cat:

1 Like

Wandering Cat Steam page will be online soon :heart_eyes_cat::sparkles:

1 Like

Real cute, I like it.especially the speech sound

1 Like

Thanks @baobao4435 :smiley_cat:
Here’s another update, I managed to finish the sprint and stamina part, useful for escaping dangers

1 Like

Hooray! The steam page is online! :heart_eyes_cat:
For those who are interested and want to put the game on their wishlist, here is the link:

1 Like

Congrats on releasing it on steam! Huge kudos for that :slight_smile:

Thanks for updating with the link.

1 Like

A little gameplay test in the dungeon :video_game: :cat:
What do you think?

If you’re interested, add the game to your wishlist on Steam:

1 Like

Hi again @DaevisRowan,

It’s missing just one tiny detail… the single most important element of any dungeon: the mimic chest. :joy:

1 Like

It’s true! I’ll definitely have to put it in the dungeon :smiley_cat:

1 Like

The chain attached being a tail wasn’t something I originally noticed but I think it definitely represents the idea pretty well. I can’t wait to see what creative things you come up with for this :smiley:

1 Like

Here I am again with a quick update, thanks to @PresumptivePanda here is a new “enemy” that can be found in the Dungeon.

What will he do to Cat? You will soon find out, he is no ordinary mimic.

1 Like

Cat and mouse meet :mouse::smiley_cat:

Oh my gosh, its perfect! :smiley: Even the dialogue matches so well. I can’t wait for the next update :slight_smile:

1 Like

New feature updates implemented in the current pre-alpha!
Added a basic system for the fishing minigame. :smiley_cat:

1 Like

Here’s a new minigame for Cat: find the mouse in the barrels :smirk_cat::mouse2:
You like it?
Creating the logic for this minigame was a lot of fun!

1 Like