Wall Run Jump Not Working When Player Wall Runs in a Certain Direction

Hey! I am currently working on a wall run jump mechanic for my game. Unfortunately I have come across a road block. Lets say the player spawns and there are two walls in front of them (like a hallway) , they are able to wall run and jump off of both of these walls but when they turn around and walk down the hallway the opposite way the wall run jump no longer pushes them off the wall.

I believe this is due to the parameters set in the launch character, I am assuming i need to use a line trace to help calculate the launch parameter rather than a fixed number but i dont know how to go about this :frowning:

you can see this in the following UE blueprint in the yellow box!

here is a video of the issue:

any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Unless some nodes are missing from the pastebin, I suspect it’s because the vectors entered into the launch commands are pointing the wrong way after you turn around.

Instead of hardcoding ±500x into launch velocity, maybe get RightVector from the actor’s rotation, and multiply that by a float for the speed.

Here I multiplied by ±500 depending on if my left or right line trace hit a wall.

Or, if you’re using line traces to find walls to jump off of, you could also use the hit notmal from the trace, multiply it by 500 or whatever, then plug that into launch velocity.