Wall hit... Stop walking until rotation?

So I’ve connected some nodes to the event tick with a line trace… when the line trace hits a wall the character stops walking, I want it to walk again but only when it’s rotated away from the wall would anyone know how to do this I’ve been trying to get actor rotation and thinking … hmm would do I connect this to?

Hello! Are you using default Character BP for you character? If yes, then there is a special piece of logic in Movement component, which connects input vector and rotation of character. So, the answer depends on fact if there is some dependency between linear movement and rotation or not

Hi thanks for replying, I’ve actually got it to work so that when the trace hits the wall it stops when it turns away it walks … But now I need to find a way to set the speed as I have the trace connected to a branch with walk speed 0 and walk speed 300 so when it walks its walking at speed 300 but this actually changes the speed in my overall character movement so I can’t sprint at 600 :confused: when really I needed to somehow get character speed and somehow ask is it walking at 300 instead of setting it to 300… do you get me ? (This is in the third person blueprint I believe it would be the default BP.)