Waiting for MetaHuman backend issue

I was doing mesh to metahuman process but stuck on “Waiting For Metahuman Backend” in the last stage

Same !! did you ever figure it out?

Had the same issue, was stuck at that point. When I retried the next day (meaning my PC was restarted), the metahuman related license agreement window popped up where I had to click “I Agree” and “Accept”. And then it took only a few minutes to complete the step.
So I believe this was the reason. I’m not sure about how to solve or reproduce the issue though. Maybe you can test by restarting UE and your PC.

Tried it in both 5.01 and 5.03, still can’t get it past the “waiting for metahuman backend” hang-up.

Tried that. No dice. I even tried it again and let it hang on “waiting-for-metahuman-backend” for about 3 hours.

Log out of Quixel Bridge and log back in and then export your MetaHuman.

1 Like

Bravo319 - Thank you so much! That fixed it!

1 Like

I’m having an issue with this, even after logging in and out of quixel bridge

Try turning off your VPN if you’ve got it on. Changing Wi-Fi networks should also help

When this doesn’t work it’s usually due to an expired or unauthorized session with Bridge’s servers. Oddly enough Bridge/MetaHuman animator has to use it’s own auth session manager outside of launcher or the editor itself and it’s managed by a background nodejs process. If it gets stuck with either, I usually end task the nodejs process and run the action again which will trigger it to start up once more and ask for the login. Usually after a few tries it finally works out and lets you proceed. There definitely needs to be a better implementation of this rather than this hacky side loaded session that runs parallel to the core auth of Epic’s launcher/Editor requiring you to sign in multiple times. Perhaps in the future they’ll finally implement a unified sign on session and allow proper user switching, but that sounds like something that would be rolled out after FAB, if we do see it soon.