VRPawn stuck at floor in Built project PC/VR - Quest 2.

All this information you have already passed me several times and I repeat that I have everything well installed and in place, with the same configuration as you (the one you give in the video and I passed you images and in which folder I had the plugin).

The plugin is in E:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_5.1\Engine\Plugins\Marketplace\MetaXR

I use Windows 10 and I only have OculusClient and Meta Quest Developer Hub installed. OVR Metrics tool in Meta Quest 2. Oculus OpenXR Runtime. I don’t use the deprecated plugin.
UE 5.1.1. Version 50 of the Oculus software and also 50 (the one to be used with it) of the Meta XR Plugin. Until recently there was only 49 of the plugin.

But I already say that it is an error that they have reproduced and they are fixing and that it has to happen to everybody that uses the Meta XR plugin, as much with the new one, as with the previous one.
It shows red errors when loading projects, which apparently do not cause the application to fail, both Epic Template and yours, and there are issues of failures in the inputs that have been reproduced and are being fixed.
I imagine that the people used only the OpenXR plugin (it was like that with the developers who answered me in your Discord) or, as it fails them, they will ignore the Logs. See the links to JayLu2001’s pull request.
Anyway, the GDXR version that was there now was much better than the old version from the marketplace; I install them directly from there.
I’ve been working since Unreal Engine version 4.25 and doing things in VR for Quest with other Templates, VR Expansion, VRGK and other little known ones without problem, I don’t think it’s a bad configuration of mine.

I was eventually able to fix the issue, by updating to the most recent version, that came out in the meantime…

Being it, at the time of writing this anwser the MetaXR Plugin v.50:

https://developer.oculus.com/downloads/package/unreal-engine-5-integration/

And then, when I was looking at the output log, and traced back were he was trying to copy this .dll file from… and the files are not exactly there…

it was looking inside the Win64 folder directly…

when the files are in yet another folder called OpenXR, inside the win64 folder…

So I copied the files to the Win64 folder itself:

Tried packaging for windows… And now it works, no more ground at eye level and handtracking keeps working, as does anything else in the game.

Thanks Meta :expressionless:

Hope this helps anyone having similar issues on packages.

Thanks @Astrotronic, @Cdaked, @JayLu2001 and finally @GDXRStudio for your time regarding this particular issue. You guys rock!

4 Likes

Hello I got the same error after opening the project using MetaXR.
LogOVRPlugin: Error: [XRCMD][failure] [XR_ERROR_FORM_FACTOR_UNAVAILABLE]: xrGetSystem(instance, &systemGetInfo, &systemId),
It didn’t affect anything in editor , but now I can not pakage.
Have you solved this problem?

At the moment I am not using the Meta XR plugin, also I don’t know if they have already uploaded the version of Meta XR plugin for UE5.2.
I only use the OpenXR plugin

@Cdaked,
The MetaXR plugin is not yet available for UE 5.2. But I am able to function without any issues on packaging for both quest pro and quest2, in UE 5.1.

@user_3386d006d552cce0816e6e9c7fcbb2568d2a3652b63da56f39f73d ,
I also had that error in one instance, when I was using version 50 of the MetaXR plugin.

As I’ve shown above, at the time, I fixed both errors by moving the files outside the folder as I demonstrate.

I do note that this has since been fixed by Meta, and every version after 49 do Install correctly and work as intended, for the most part anyways ahahah.

I have not been able to reproduce any error since then. Working with the latest (version 53, at the moment of writing this) for UE 5.1 and did not have any issues or errors.

If you guys have anymore problems, please reach out!

Thanks for your time!

1 Like

I’m curious to know your setup pipeline for getting hand tracking to work. I’m testing Quest 2 hand tracking in Unreal 5.1.1 and having a hell of a time getting hand tracking working.

What I’ve Done:

• Install MetaXR v53 (and tested with v50) into the Marketplace folder (as recommended)
  • In Project Settings set MetaXR Hand Tracking > Hands Only
  • Added OculusXRHand Left and Right under the MotionControllers in the VRPawn template blueprint and followed the setup recommended by Meta

After testing it multiple times, I can see it running in the Quest Link and I can see the menu icons appearing and tracking to the hands, but can’t see the hands themselves.

The issue I was getting initially was:
“LogOVRPlugin: Error: [XRCMD][failure] [XR_ERROR_HANDLE_INVALID]: xrGetHandMeshFB(handTracker, &xrMesh), arvr\projects\integrations\ovrplugin\src\util\compositoropenxr.cpp -” etc

But was able to fix this by assigning the SKM_Manny Left/Right mesh to the SkeletalMesh in the details for the OculusXRHand (not really specified in the documentation to do so) but now the only error I’m getting is:

“LogHMD: Error: FOculusXRHMDModule::GetPluginWrapper().EndFrame#” every frame.

Not sure what else to do here.

Hello, I am setting up the hand tracking by using the MetaXR and Unreal 5.1.1. I used the same method like you did. and find the same problem. May I ask have you found some method to implement the hand tracking? I am sorry if I bother you. Looking forward your reply.

Hello.

I had a similar experience to you, but I had to do something else to solve my issue. Here is my log:

LogOVRPlugin: Error: [XRCMD][failure] [XR_ERROR_LIMIT_REACHED]: xrCreateInstance(&createInfo, &instance), arvr\projects\integrations\OVRPlugin\Src\Util\CompositorOpenXR.cpp:3174 (arvr\projects\integrations\OVRPlugin\Src\Util\CompositorOpenXR.h:315)

LogOVRPlugin: Error: Plugin failed to initialize. (arvr\projects\integrations\OVRPlugin\Src\Util\CompositorOpenXR.cpp:1757)

To fix this, I went to Project Settings > Plugins > MetaXR and changed the XR API to Epic Native Open XR.

I tried to find those classes but i didn’t succeed since i don’t have much experience with the engine yet.

I hope this information will be useful to someone who is experiencing the same problem as me.

I tried this, but it makes my project crash when I use Oculus XRHand