VR template, changing trigger button for grab

Hello, I’m having a problem with the standard VR template when trying to swap the motion controller trigger-button for grab to the shoulder-button on the oculus. The hands lose their animation and doesn’t grab. When I reload the default config for the VR template it works fine as it’s using the trigger-button for grab. I can’t find the spot in the BP which defies the grab as the trigger-button… which I’d like to swap to the shoulder button…

Aren’t the buttons in the example setup via input actions / input axis?

Those should be defined under Edit → Project Settings → Input → Input Action / Input Axis

Hey Erasio, thanks for getting back to me… I thought as much too - I changed the GRAB input to the shoulder button and hasn’t worked. Feel like I’m missing something really obvious but can’t work it out…

Yeah its strange, i can map other buttons but the oculus shoulder button does not work…
The shoulder button works fine in games so its not broken…

Are you sure you’ve been using the correct input names? According to Oculus no button is named “Shoulder”.

It’s “Trigger” and “Grip1”

https://developer.oculus.com/documentation/unreal/latest/concepts/unreal-controller-input-mapping-reference/

I drop to my knees in a Platoon (Dafoe) pose, and thank you immensely for your time - in figuring out what I was doing wrong! Man thanks so much! Beers are on me!! Thanks Erasio!