Virtual Construction Lab Of Schüco
VR/Software Developer - Full-time
Location - New York City
This position produces virtual reality and 3D software for utilization in architecture and building constructions. The VR Developer / programmer will join a design group of 3D animators to produce cutting edge VR content, applications, and modules. This design group works collaboratively with architects, engineers and designers to create the highest quality experiences bridging the AEC industry with 3D & VR immersion.
The main focus of the position will cater towards coding in C++ for VR and other real-time applications, scene optimization and R&D.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• VR/AR development with Unreal Engine
• Blueprint and C++ coding for existing and new functionality
• Maintenance of software licensing with C# and SQL
• Interaction design
• Project optimization
• Documentation and bug fixes
• Ability to integrate traditional CG pipelines into VR
Management and People Skills:
• Establishes appropriate and accurate estimates on production schedule.
• Organizes and maintains module documentation development.
• Works collaboratively with animators, designers, architects, and engineers.
• Strong analytical and coding skills.
• Demonstrates good listening and communication skills.
• Ability to thrive under tight deadlines.
• Self-motivated and independent work ethic.
• Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year College or University in Computer Science, Information Technology, Animation, or other from an accredited university or a two year degree with a related major and two years of working experience.
• Knowledge of C++ programming for Unreal Engine.
• Experience with game or application development.
• Experience with development for VR headsets.
• Enthusiasm with familiarity in architecture and construction is ideal.
• Please include links to Github and relevant work
Please send your applications to VCLcontact@schuco-usa.com