VR PROBLEM

I am using oculus quest 2. I made a third person template, then i added a feature in the file which is the VR. I faced two problems. Firstly, many times the game is opening on the desktop but in the Oculus, it just make an indication for loading. Secondly, when the game open on the quest 2, it works like i am hanged on the ceiling and i see the person itself and the movement is not working, though i cannot go anywhere or move. Even spectating is very bad as i move i see that i dive into the wall and floor etc…
Can anyone helps me what to do? I am using unreal 5.3.2

Hi @AhmedH.Salama ,

Recently the Cropout Sample Project was requested to be updated to work with Occulus.
The user tested this and was happy its now called CropoutSampleProject-VR-AddOn

The instructions on how this was done along with a working project are at

CropoutSampleProject-VR-AddOn/README.md on (github.com)

Hi,

My guess is that you cannot have a third person camera in VR. VR is a first person experience where you see the environment through your eyes. The third person camera is attached to a camera rig extending behind your head. That doesn’t work for VR. Use the VR or the first person template.

Add the open XR plugin or the plugin for oculus quest to your project. I can’t remember which one works best for the Quest 2. But you might have to add at least one of them to the project. Google it.

Then in the project blueprint you might have to at a node called “enable HMD” (or similar) to the Begin Play node in the Event Graph. This will start the Head Mounted Display.

Hope that helps

1 Like