VR Play or Game Mode- Asset duplicating or Addition of new Asset

How to duplicate an asset or an object in VR Playmode in unreal engine 5.3.2 and also add new assets or objects

1 Like

You can do that with blueprints and widgets. But it isn’t something easy or simple to do. If “play mode” means you want to run it as an app.
I don’t know if there is a mode that allows you to run the editor in VR. That would be another avenue.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the reply. Yes, I need it in the play mode.

I wish to use this for architectural visualization.

While in VR game /play mode, I wish to make extra copy of furniture or any other items so that the player can add more items and arrange them without exiting play mode or needing to go to the editor mode.

ArchViz User Interface 3 in Architectural Visualization - UE Marketplace

You can use my user interface package on the marketplace. But you can’t place objects freely in the room or move them around. You can replace an existing piece of furniture with another variation in the same spot.

An app that allows you to place anything anywhere would be quite difficult to make. You first would need to figure out a system of how this should work exactly before you can actually make it.

1 Like

To duplicate assets or add new objects in VR Playmode in Unreal Engine 5.3.2, you can use the VR Editor tools. These tools enable you to interact with objects and perform actions like duplication and addition while in virtual reality. Simply enable VR mode in the Unreal Engine editor and utilize the VR editing functionalities to duplicate assets or add new objects seamlessly.