VR pawn flips 180 midway through my sequencer animation?

So my sequencer has an empty actor BP that just goes from Y: 0 to something like Y: 10,000,000 . The BP has an Event Begin play attach actor to component node that gets the player pawn and attaches it to the actor. This is what animates my VR pawn upwards into the sky.

As you can see from this video, once I’m well out into space - at around the same sort of point each time (slightly varies) - the VR pawn is inverted?? And then the zooming out animation continues. So to confirm - we are looking DOWN for most of the experience, but then randomly we are looking UP at the experience for the rest of the animation.

Strange error and I’m not sure where to start with bugfixing!

Hi Cakezilla,

I’ve never seen anything like that before…

Does it still happen if your sequencer final keyframe is a less-large number?

See what happens if you try moving your VR pawn with a ‘Move Component To’ node. (You’d want to use the Scene Root component for your pawn)

Crazy, right? So strange.

And as you can see in this image - my actor rotation is set by a single key-frame, there is no change along the animation track.

I like your suggestion re move component to, I’ll give this a test but I’d love to use the flexibility of sequencer. Any further suggestions much appreciated.

Just an update for anyone following this - still no solution. Move component to works but doesn’t give the flexibility i need.

If i manage to fix the bug i’ll update here.