VR Museum

Rebuilt the whole VR Museum the weekend after GDC in UE4 from UDK

UDK Oculus Rift RC2

UE4 with Light Propagation Volumes GI

Video

UDK Oculus Rift RC2
https://youtube.com/watch?v=SPt_u3KJ3uw

UE4 with Light Propagation Volumes GI

The team is pushing to make a build of the Museum in Unreal Engine 4 PAX East, its going to be extremely tight.

Looking good.
I’m sure we’re going to see more of this sort of thing in future (VR tours/exploration).

I love this idea, so exciting to see this type of VR content start to make an appearance. Congrats, gunna be awesome when it is finished!

I love the idea and the scale of this! One thing is that the lighting is a little inconsistent. I can’t really tell where the light is coming from (ceiling? are there wall lights?). It’s looking pretty flat at the moment.
I do like the attention to detail though!

That’s really great! But why are you using Light Propagation? I mean, museums don’t look like a place with a lot of dynamic lighting or even actors… Lightmass would bring amazing results for this kind of architecture.

I been just playing around with lighting just seeing what unreal engine 4 can do, I have turned it off for our PAX EAST build.

I am not sure how well I will be able to get the lighting done for in time, I been pretty swamped with backlog of tasks for other project from missing a week from being at GDC.

Pax is over back to the editor to continue working, booth was packed! (line photo below)
20140411_152830.jpg

awesome work :smiley: