VR in 2023.2.2 with DirectX 12 does not work properly

Hello everyone,

since the new Twinmotion version 2023.2.2 the VR mode no longer works properly with DirectX 12. In the VR glasses, only the left image is displayed correctly - on the right eye however you see a white area with black artifacts (see video below).

In the meantime, the following things have changed:

1. Update of the Twinmotion version to 2023.2.2
  2. Update of the Meta Quest software to 62.0.0.273.343.570372087

PC:

• Windows 10
  • i7-7700K
  • GTX 1080 ti (Nvidia driver 551.76)
  • 32 GB Ram

VR glasses:

• Meta Quest 3 (linked with cable)
  • Meta Quest Link is set as the active OpenXR Runtime

I tried multiple Twinmotion projects in VR – same problem. DirectX 11 works but perfomance is poor.

Cheers

It looks like a frame drop. what kind of cable are you using? (a ‘standard’ USB would not work, you have to use a USB C 10Gbps cable)

GTX 1080 ti is quite low for VR

Hey @Laudal75,

thx for the reply :wave: – we are using the official USB-C cable from Meta (https://www.meta.com/de/quest/accessories/link-cable/).

We haven’t changed the cable in the meantime, it does work with DirectX 11 so … and it used to work with DirectX 12 before.

Have you ever seen anything similar to what I sent in the video attachment? I find it strange that these-white-screen-artifacts only appear on one VR eye :thinking: .

Cheers

Just wanted to report that I recently had a similar experience (only left eye visible in VR, while right eye has a white sight with artifacts) with another DirectX 12 Unreal Engine based software / game („Project 401“). Note: this happened with a different computer + pair of VR glasses.

It appeared while changing the “anti aliasing settings” to a lower value. Don’t know if that helps you guys in any way :slight_smile: