VR Headset Screen grayed out when new level is opened

I have a main menu where I select options to choose the level that the user wants to go to. After the options are selected and the Begin button is clicked, the user is taken to the next level.

In the VR headset, I can see the main menu and use the handcontroller to select the options and click the start level. However, on the new level, I can see the level on my monitor but cannot see it in the VR headset. Since there are two different GameModes and Pawns, I am wondering if the new GameMode/Pawn is not being set up correctly when the new level starts. I am using the World Override setting to select the new GameMode on map load.

The Pawn for the Main Menu is also a child of the Pawn that’s used for the selected level. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Using a Vive Pro 2

Is it possible that this is an issue with UE 5? I’ve been following the GameDev.tv series for VR, and it’s been very helpful, but I know there are some code differences between 4 and 5. I’m starting to wonder if the problem has to do with the ShowSplashScreen code…

Ex

UStereoLayerFunctionLibrary::ShowSplashScreen();
UGameplayStatics::OpenLevel(GetWorld(), "LevelName", true);