Download

VR Gun ToolKit

So I am using the correct version 1.4 and still getting the error FYI… Thanks

Hi, thank you for the notice, we have tracked the issue, it’s in fact still happening on the latest version. The warning does not influence the gameplay but we’ve cleared it out and the fix will be available in the next build that is coming up with extra functionality that we are adding in the kit.

Thanks again for the report, feel free to post any issues you encounter or anything that we can help with :slight_smile:

Is there any chance that you can remove all the unneeded content in this such as the desert demo level? It is nice to have content with it, but the size (and shader compiling times) are quite annoying when I just want to quickly fool around.

Hi Shirk, we’re working on our next update which will have the desert map as a starting map replaced with a map selector (we’re going to have some different showcase maps with highlights of the new features). This and some optimization of the desert scene size should fix the issue you are having with the compile times.
Thank you for the feedback, I hope you find the toolkit useful, let us know if you need any help

Is there a tutorial how to add zombie enemy / ai to the set?

Hi PXDN, there is currently no AI included in the toolkit, but it’s easy to integrate any type of AI on it, the only modification should be that you need to add a damage function to the bullets when they hit the AI.
I recommend this tutorial by Peter Newton, it’s a good start for creating your own AI:

Great. Could you please show me quick how to add a damage function to the bullets?

Hey,
The Bullets already have a damage function:
65f324a76dc13a38c4c14666f7d45ebaec75a183.png

And you can tweak the damage each bullet does with the “Damage Variable”

On the actor that gets hit (for example a Bot) you need to add the “Any Damage” node:
damageactor.png

thank you that looks easy. I will purchase now your great asset

Hello, I purchased it. Its an awesome asset. Someone I got 1 problem with the teleport on oculus rift. The tranport icon tip does point north (for example) but after teleport the player looks sometimes NE or NW… It is never exactly the same direction like the tip points. Its quite annoying. How to fix it?!

A Tutorial how to setup a empty map with the VR toolkit would be awesome. Thanks

Thank you for the bug report, there’s in fact an issue with the teleport rotation on the oculus, fortunately the solution is easy, you just need to access the “BP_VRrGunHands” blueprint, and inside the “Teleport Node” search for the “oculus directional Teleport” comment nodes, and add the invertrotator node as in the picture:
ea81db4e23601ca25db562f5812fab790a9bad90.png
We’ll be submitting this bug fix to unreal asap

Regarding the empty map, there’s nothing in the level itself that is required so any map you create is going to work with the toolkit. You can add one of our pawns to that level and have the “Auto Possess Player 0” on the pawn and it will work.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Ah great thank you. Is there a way to change the blue teleport marker? And I recognize somehow the marker seems to have a collider on it? I dropped a gun on the marker and could move the gun while moving the teleport marker. Looked weird :smiley:

Yes, you can change the markers, they are in the “BP_VRrGunHands”, the “TP_Sphere” and “BeaconDirection” is what you want to change. You can also take out the collision of these so they don’t collide with the gun:
02d286b81113cc9a84dae91bc0b9f180218e35e8.png

Thank you! Great Support. Before I start with my game, when is the next update coming and what will be in it?

We’re aiming to release at end of next week, the next update will have:

• An option to choose if you grab the weapon physically
  • Recoil
  • Bolt action rifle support
  • Melee weapon
  • Some changes to how the maps are presented/loading + a new example map
  • New locomotion options

You should be able to start using the kit and just add the update when we release it with minimum setup, no need to wait :slight_smile:

Excellent Sir! How can I disable the arcarde Guns on the invisible belt of the player character and / or how can I put the regular gun on it?

oh and one other thing. When I have a pile of bullets on the table I only need to hover with the magazine above the pile and the bullets are inserted automatic into the magazine. Kind of fast way to load (cheat)the magazine. How can I change it that the bullet ONLY be able to filled into magazine if the Bullet is holded by a controller?

If you use the “BP_VRGunPawn” instead of the “BP_ArcadePawnExample” you won’t have the guns. You can also open “BP_ArcadePawnExample” and change the weapon being spawned on the “SpawnGunInHolster” function:

Great. Thank you. Any solution for this here?

When I have a pile of bullets on the table I only need to hover with the magazine above the pile and the bullets are inserted automatic into the magazine. Kind of fast way to load (cheat)the magazine. How can I change it that the bullet ONLY be able to filled into magazine if the Bullet is holded by a controller?