(VR) Big->Little, Navigation and Object Placement System. Teleport Inside or Place Objects in a small world seamlessly?

Hey everyone!

I’m working on a VR project where I want to implement a seamless navigation system and object placement system using Blueprints. The idea is to have a small representation of my world, like a Little Planet, where the player can select a spot. When a spot is chosen, the Little Planet smoothly transitions into a detailed level at the selected location.

This VR Experience on Steam, called Museum of Other Realities has this particular feauture (and some others) implemented.

GIF Example taken from the Steam game’s page:
Night_Snow_telport_into_border

Similar to this, I would also want to create one for placing objects.
Instead of teleporting, the focus is on seamlessly placing objects within the detailed level. Allow me to elaborate on the concept:

Imagine being in the midst of a safari on a platform. On this platform, there’s a representation of the safari at a smaller scale, essentially a tiny world, right in front of you. The goal is to enable users to interact with this miniature representation by placing miniature animals within it.

I’ve been exploring Blueprint functionalities, but I’m looking for guidance on how to approach this specific navigation system without delving into code. If anyone has experience or insights into achieving such a seamless transition, I’d greatly appreciate your help!

Here are some key points I’m considering:

• Everything should ideally be using the Blueprint System only.
  • Enabling user interaction for spot selection.
  • Implementing dynamic materials and animations for the transition.
  • Loading the detailed level seamlessly, taking advantage of level streaming or anything else that could be helpful.

I know its a lot, but I have a lot of interactions and mechanics to setup in the mean time sony tips, examples, or step-by-step guidance would be fantastic to help speed up the process when I reach the time to work in this system. Thanks in advance for your expertise and attention!

Cheers!