VR asymmetrical game issues

I am trying to build a VR asymmetrical game where 2 players(2 pawns) are playing on the same machine (local multiplayer) using Blueprints only. One player is using the VR headset to control his/her pawn(VRPawn) and the other is using keyboard/gamepad to control his/her pawn(3rd person character). Now, there are multiple issues I am running into.

1. Should I make 2 different controller classes (VRController and 3rdPersonController) and make them posses respective pawns? How to determine which controller possesses which pawn?

2. How to display output from VR pawn camera to HMD and the output from the 3rd person camera to the monitor?

The 2nd one is the major concern for me. I could not find any tutorials for making asymmetrical game in VR in UE4 online.
Any help would be great!

If you have found any progress in this topic I would love to see what else you have learned from 2016, as I am currently looking to make a VR asyemmetrical game.

Hey @King.X.Crowns , I did make a VR asymmetrical game, however I used some hacks to make it work. I had 2 pawns, VRPawn and 3rdPersonPawn(TPP), but all the input went through the VRPawn, as in it was the only pawn that was possessed by a controller. All the input events for the TPP were implemented in the VRPawn. e.g. I was using spacebar for jump for the TPP. So I had the Spacebar input event in the VRPawn and a normal custom event in the 3rd person character called “Spacebar event”. The VRPawn had reference to the TPP and when the user pressed Spacebar, the VRPawn would call the “Spacebar event” in the TPP.

Now, for the camera, I used SceneCaptureComponent2D in the TPP instead of the regular camera. I used “Set Spectator Screen Mode” and set it to “Texture”. Along with that, I used “Set Spectator Screen Texture” and used the texture from the SceneCaptureComponent2D as the input in that node.

That’s the basic setup I used. I hope this helps you.