Voxel-based randomly generated terrain feature.

I want to make a sandbox game with terrain that is procedurally generated, fully destructible, round/smooth, with biomes, caves, multiple types of mineable materials (like dirt, grass and stone) and the ability to create new dimensions. (Kinda like minecraft, but without the blocks.)

I don’t really know how to do this though since I’m only a beginner. So I thought it would be nice to have it built in to the unreal engine itself.

There are too many ways how this can be implemented and heavily depends on how your game is going to use it. I recommend to do a forum search and you should find at least one solution in progress in WIP section and perhaps plugin for VoxelFarm will arrive at some point in 2016. Try those first to inderstand the general workflow and limitations.

Specifically, I would like to do it in almost the same way voxel quest or TUG does it. I’m just not sure how to pull it off.

I would like a Voxel Based terrain tool, better than landscape to give more options to the map creators.

TUG uses VoxelFarm.