VOIP Attenuation Doesn't Change Until Push To Talk Released?

Hi, I have a VOIP system working where I can change my voice to be either 3D positional or 2D with no direction. My problem is the Sound Attenuation profile switch will not take effect unless I release my push to talk button for a certain amount of time (I think it’s close to half a second) and then push to talk again. I put in a check to find out if the settings did change and to only allow the user to speak once they had but it seems like the setting changes right away it just doesn’t start taking effect until the player hasn’t sent audio for a certain amount of time. Any idea as to why this is happening or how to detect if the Attenuation setting took effect through blueprints? Thanks in advance!

I face a similar situation. In my scenario, i just basically want audio to act like proximity chat. Right now all can hear all, no matter the distance. I’ve done my setup like this in a ThirdPerson Character. I’ve marked the InitVOIP as Executes on Owning Client assuming the code only should run if we’re on the Client:

I’ve doublechecked that MySoundAttenuation is working with other 3d audio sources. It’s only the VOIP that’s not working. Really hope someone can shed some light on this topic.

Bump. I can’t get VOIP to use proximity from the attenuation either (UE 5.2).

Found a solution that works for me: Voice Chat is not attenuating