Voice Chatting through Pixel Streaming Audio Component

Hello, I want to adopt Voice chat in my project, but at the same time I have to use Pixel Streaming.
Right now using AWS Cloudfront, I’ve succeeded in listening to my own voice through PixelStreamingAudioComponent, while Pixel Streaming Signalling Server is on AWS instance, and I access to it through my local internet browser.

But I don’t know how to connect it with my voice chat plugin or other way to make my voice shared with other people.
Could anyone can give me some tips about Pixel Streaming Audio Component’s system and how to make voice chatting possible?

Hi there!

Unfortunately the PixelStreamingAudio component isn’t designed to work with multiplayer voice chat at this stage.

However, if you’re looking at implementing voice chat in your Pixel Streaming project, there are a couple solutions available:

1. You could roll your own P2P voice chat, using WebRTC in the browser. It won’t have spatialization but as a bonus, no real UE C++ coding is required.)

2. Use Epic’s old VoIP system in a multiplayer game setup (has spatialization, not well documented, and is no longer a supported VoIP option, officially - and has known issues at scale and in poor network conditions)

3. Use any VoIP plugin that actually uses UEs audio system. Unfortunately EOS Voice isn’t an option for this as it’s engine agnostic and Vivox uses its own audio system.
    I can’t list any off the top of my head, but there should be a few available.

Let me know if this helps!

1 Like