Voice chat

Hello, So I want to crate a voice chat. Push to talk and also proximity voice chat. Could anyone please tell me how to do it? I have read some docs but I didn’t get much from that. So please if anyone could tell me the exact .cpp or whatever files to work in. I tried to look in ShooterGame example but I have blueprint PlayerController class. Thanks.

Here’s an idea, tho I’m not sure if it will work. Record voice from microphone, then set it to a SoundWave or something and spawn it in the world and replicate it to clients?

look the answer here How can I make in game voice communication? - Audio - Epic Developer Community Forums

No way this works. In case someone wants to try it.

I have already read that. But here is my next question.ňDefaultEngine.ini

[Voice] 
 bEnabled=true

[OnlineSubsystem] 
 bHasVoiceEnabled=true

In DefaultGame.ini

[/Script/Engine.GameSession]
 bRequiresPushToTalk=false

Do I type this myself or its in there and I just change the values. Because I don’t have it in there bydefault. And also what exactly do I have to do and in which files. Thanks.

And is there a way to do it in blueprints?

1. If the settings are not already in the ini files you need to add them yourself.
  2. Yes you can do it all in blueprint but you still have to add the ini stuff manually
  3. Voice chat ONLY works if you make your network connections with the Session system.

Took me forever to figure that last part out. See the multiplayer shootout code for an example of how to connect using the blueprint session nodes. Also be advised that you will need two computers to test voice chat.

How did you do it with the blueprints??? Is there a function/framework for this in Unreal?

Voice Chat: there are 2 ways you could do it

Check out and download my plugin! https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?151253-SteamVoicePlugin

It will allow you to implement voice communication using blueprints. Without this plugin, you will not be able to do it in blueprints.

In case you don’t want a Steam based solution you can also check out Ultimate Voice Chat (VoiceChat for Blueprints) in Code Plugins - UE Marketplace

hi sir good moring

Hello,

You can use this plugin for voice chat, it works on Windows, Android, iOS.

You can do global, team and proximity voice chat.
It is optimized with the usage of opus codec,
and you can choose microphone sampling rate and number of channels, you can also get the raw Pcm data of microphone input.

Please stop bumping old posts with advertisements.

1 Like