Vive Pawn doesn´t work with Hand Linetraces

I tried now a lot and it really seems to be a problem with the vector not being able to be sent from a linetrace to a “Set Actor Location” Node. This is what I tried:

Set Actor Location works with hard coded vector values.

Set Actor Location works after using a Movement Input. After using a hard coded vector value for the Set Actor Location-node, it needs another movement input to work again.

Linetrace nodes draw correct debug lines.

A version that doesn´t use the HTC Vive (First Person using the camera instead of the motion controllers) works fine.
I have really no idea, why this doesn´t work.

Hello achnequark,

I have a few questions for you that will help narrow down what issue it is that you are experiencing.

Quick questions:

  1. Can you reproduce this issue in a clean project?
  2. If so, could you provide a detailed list of steps to reproduce this issue on our end?
  3. Could you provide screen shots of any blueprints/settings that may be involved with this issue?

In a clean project it works fine. I had to rebuilt the pawn for 3 times now. First time the movement of the Vive controller would move the entire Pawn for no reason. This issue occured twice, but compared to this one it came out of nowhere.
Now the WASD input, that I still had in the Pawn for testing reasons, doesn´t work either, although I didn´t touch anything. I checked it and I don´t change anything for the Z value, nontheless the Pawn moves sometimes up and down on the S and D botton.
Should I just rebuilt the Pawn? And if so, will that fix the issue, if I use the current project?
Thanks in advance

Without further testing/information, I will not be able to confidently say if using a clean project will resolve the issue that you are seeing with your movement. However, if you would like to create a new thread (for tracking purposes) as this is sounds like a separate issue from that in the original post. You could place a link to the new thread in a reply here so that someone could follow up. In the new thread it would be very helpful if you could answer the same questions I asked before, for the new issue.

Ok, I did further testing in the original project. It seems like the problem was, that the collision of a Collision Box was set to “Block all”. It seems like the movement input works, while the sweeping input does not before the Pawn moves. I raised the spawn location of the Pawn and it seems to work out now. Thanks a lot for the help!

We have not heard back from you in a few days, so I will be converting you last comment to an answer for tracking purposes. If the issue returns, please respond to this message with additional information and we will follow up.

Make it a great day