VIVE Mars Genlock and Timecode issue

Hey guys,
recently I’ve decided to start a VP studio here in Slovakia using the VIVE Mars CamTrack.

To solve the sync problem I’ve already acquired the Sync Generator from BlackMagic for genlocking VIVE Mars, the Sony FX9 Camera, and the Unreal Engine using the DeckLink 8K Pro.

Although it has helped with the jitter/lag, I’ve noticed that the two signals are still not synced (tracking and video) - which is obviously due to the lack of a TimeCode generator (it’s still possible to sync it manually but we don’t want that). With that noted, I’ve bought the Deity TC-1 and plugged it into Sony FX9 and VIVE Mars, however, the problem still persists (VIVE Mars even warns me that the TimeCode has a different frequency).
After buying the Deity TC-1, I even found on other Reddit posts that users recommend using Ambient Lockit which generates both timecode and genlock, however, I don’t understand why I can’t use the sync generator together with TC-1 to achieve the same result without spending another 1500€ on 3 Ambient Lockit devices (1 for the camera, 1 for VIVE Mars and 1 for DeckLink REF IN) + additional 500€ if we would want to add an extra camera. It’s also worth noting that we’ve opted for the BMD Sync Gen because its value is the best (6 Genlock outputs for only 275€).
Is there a way to use the equipment I’ve already got, or do I need to buy something extra to achieve this?

2 Likes

You can try this instead? Not sure if it will solve the genlock issue but could be worth a shot.

Jump to 8:48 in the video:

Did you fix your issue?

Yes, I’m also very interested to hear how this worked out for you!
In the moment I’m syincing without a syn gen, like in this link shown ( Notion – The all-in-one workspace for your notes, tasks, wikis, and databases. ) and it seems to work for me. I’m using a Sony FS5 II with a Decklink 8k Pro.

Best regards
Marc