[VIVE] - and probably occulus - VR intereractable physic objects

when an interactable object reaches the 5 lastest % of its range its “locked” variable switches to false… you can alter the blueprint to fire whatever event you want

nop

you will probably have to add a colision volume to your object and modify your blueprint to trigger the grab event when this volume overlapp the player hand instead of the whole object

thanks a lot for the advise… but I have no idea of what a framework or a base system is … any doc ?

true… feel free to add one :wink:

hummm … maybe casting a ray from the camera to the center of screen could be the way to go …

sure it is possible … but I won’t do it XD… lack of time and skill :wink:

Do we have permission to use this in our games that we sell royalty free?

yes you can, be notified in the credits would be apprieciated though :wink:

Hello Jamis!
First of all, thank you for your share! its highly appreciated!!
Now to my noob question…
I´m trying to create a kitchen set for my VR viz scene, everything is working fine except when i now am trying to add the open-able drawers. i just cant get the rotation right. so they can slide in the right direction.
i tried rotating the red arrow but nothing happens, tried rotating the physical component 90 degrees but then it stops functioning. Please help!

:slight_smile:

Hi juan

actually there is no way to rotate your mesh to match the desire orientation … you just need to be sure you export it the right way from you 3D software (translation direction should be the X axis)

good luck

Thanx!
Yup, i solved it like you described, reimported with right rotation from start.
Another question/problem, i tired running your project in unreal 4.15.
and i get this compile error when playing.

75bff6747c158547455e0395206ec5fb0827e1e7.jpeg

VR-Essentials not 4.15 incompatible?

J

Hi Jamis,

Thank you so much for this pack, it’s amazing. I’m currently making an interactive event where you approach a large bowl that is separated in 3 sections (a top mid and bottom) and when you grip and turn one of the 4 handles that are attached to the top of it, it unlocks something after turning it a specific amount. I have a physics constraint between the handles and the top part and I’d like to have the top and bottom parts spin in the same direction but the middle to spin in the opposite direction. Do you know if there is a way to achieve this? I’ve been trying to figure this out for a while now and I can’t quite get it. Here’s a picture for reference.

Hi,

I’m really hoping I can get this project working so I can use the doors, but I’m having a problem with opening it. The UE launcher crashes at about 40% with this. You’ve made a huge contribution here and I really appreciate it, but would you know what might be wrong here?

Hi, I was just wondering if you ever got this working? I finally got this project to open after I was having some trouble and the BP compiles fine within the project, however when I migrate the BP to my own project and compile it, I get some failures too like in the attached screenshot. I’m really anxious to get VR doors working in my project as it’s a huge key to the gameplay style I’m trying to accomplish. I’m on 4.15.3.

I don’t know how I missed this. Can’t wait to test it out…and hopefully not break everything else I’ve done haha.

On a side note, could there be a future update that includes climbing? Or, is that possible with the mechanics included?

Great job ! I will show this in our VR courses !
What are your credit infos ?

Amazing Package Jamis !!!

I’m new in VR and I found your package very useful but there is very important question for me.
Can we create Stopper (make slow opening at the end) for Opening or Closing ?!

Thank you very much ! You are awesome :slight_smile:

Edit: I have one question… I saw how you attached static meshes to the blueprint but im trying to use one of your doors with movable handle which has its own rotation. Right now I have working door and Handles, but I cant attach them together… I want to open the door only after when I pressed the handle… any ideas ?

This look great! I can’t wait to try it out.
I’m using Oculus rift and even after changing the name on the Switch on name in the motion controller pawn from Oculus Rift to oculus HMD, I’m still spawning at floor level.
Any ideas what else it could be?

What is the easiest way to migrate just the door functionality to another project already setup? I have an existing project in which I have already added some components, like 3D widgets, to the BP_Motioncontroller. If I just migrate the BP for the InteractableActor and it’s references, the door doesn’t function. Any ideas?

Thank you very much Jamis

A simple question ¿how i can change rotation axis of a BP_InteractableActor

Man this is a beautiful thing in the original file. I’ve spent the whole day with it and this thread and I can’t get it to function in my own file. I know this thread is kind of old but did any of you get a set of working Blueprints you could share. The answer might be in some of the text, but I’m not a UE4 expert yet and still need a bit of handholding, meaning, an image of the Blueprints.

I have so many plans for this if I can get it to work. Anyone been successful?