Visual Studio not recognzing Unreal Libraries?

Hello! My name is Josh, and I’m new here on these forums. I’m usually a lurker with most, but I’ve become tired of endless google searches and thought I would join a community instead of scouring the deepest corners of the internet.

Anyways, Intellisense is yelling at me for typing terrribly incorrect code, when I’m simply trying to do the “Floating actor” tutorial found on the official UE4 documentation website.

https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Programming/QuickStart/4/index.html

Visual Studio also gives me build errors…there are a couple due to my typing, but here’s the most annoying issue I am having.

1>C:\Users\Gutsman.exe\Documents\Unreal Projects\MyProject3\Source\MyProject3\FloatingActor.cpp(13): error C2653: ‘Fmath’ : is not a class or namespace name

1>C:\Users\Gutsman.exe\Documents\Unreal Projects\MyProject3\Source\MyProject3\FloatingActor.cpp(13): error C2065: ‘DeltaTime’ : undeclared identifier

1>C:\Users\Gutsman.exe\Documents\Unreal Projects\MyProject3\Source\MyProject3\FloatingActor.cpp(13): error C3861: ‘Sin’: identifier not found

1>C:\Users\Gutsman.exe\Documents\Unreal Projects\MyProject3\Source\MyProject3\FloatingActor.cpp(15): error C2146: syntax error : missing ‘;’ before identifier ‘RunningTime’

1>C:\Users\Gutsman.exe\Documents\Unreal Projects\MyProject3\Source\MyProject3\FloatingActor.cpp(15): error C2065: ‘DeltaTime’ : undeclared identifier

Visual Studio seems to not be recognizing the Unreal Libraries. It won’t compile, AND I can’t get UE4 to recognize that new C++ files even exist. I am frustrated to no end here, and would LOOOOVE some help!

Thanks a bunch everyone.

PS. I should not that I was able to compile code YESTERDAY and all was fine!

Can you post the source code? Can’t help much without it!

First thing I can spot is that FMath in your code is spelt Fmath. C++ is Case-Sensitive, so you have to get the capitalization right. It’s probably complaining about ‘Sin’ for that reason along with the ‘;’ missing. DeltaTime looks like it hasn’t been initialized anywhere. Again, check capitalization.

If you really want to get busy with programming C++ rather than dealing with spelling errors, I highly recommend Visual Assist X. It’s really seriously good for these kinds of things because it’s autocorrect/suggestions are so fast!